I have not done a very good job of updating my blog regarding my pregnancy with Squeak. As of today I am 19 weeks pregnant - almost half way. I must say that though I am very excited, it is so different the second time around. I am so busy with Katherine and life that I don't really dwell on the pregnancy as much. I realized that I have not even taken any profile pregnancy pictures yet. I certainly have not read as many books as I did last time. Right now I am reading more toddler issues books, not pregnancy books. I have relatively easy pregnancies and feel fine but I still am ready to get it over with. I don't get people who say they "love" being pregnant and are sad when they are done with kdis because they will never be pregnant again. I think I felt more like that last time because everything was unknown. This time I know that my heartburn at 15 weeks will only get worse!
Anyway, the pregnancy is progressing well. I had an appointment today and everything looked good. I have only gained 2 pounds so far. That kind of surprised me because my clothes fit so differently and I feel like I have popped out. I am not quite in maternity clothes but I am in that awkward phase where maternity clothes are too big and regular clothes are a bit tight. It seems that as soon as I get home I put on my pajama bottoms because they are most comfortable thing I can wear. I actually talked to my doc about how little weight I have gained because this is exactly how things went last time and Katherine was born full term at barely 6 pounds. Though I have no desire to gain a lot of weight I obviously want to make sure I am doing the most healthy thing for Squeak. She said that I am doing just fine.
I have been feeling occasional kicks for about 3 weeks now and Sam felt a kick for the first time today. We tried to have Katherine feel the kicks but she just acted confused. She used to say that we were going to have a sister or a boy when asked. I guess she was covering all of her bases. Now she does actually say a brother. We will find out next week and let you know what the actual sex of the baby is.
2 comments:
I can't wait!!!!
I have to admit that I sometimes forget you are pregnant this go round. I can't wait to find out if Squeak is a boy or a girl!
Post a Comment