I scored big time at the Children's Place. They are having a sale on winter and even some spring clothes and everything on sale was an additional 50% off. Add to that my 20% off coupon and there were great deals. I bought 3 pairs of Christmas footy PJ's for next year (2 for squeak and 1 for Katherine to match), 2 sweatshirts, a top, a pair of pants and a winter coat. All of this for only $34. The winter coat along was originally $50 and I only paid $8. That made my day.
Katherine has now said her first complete sentence. She talks ALL THE TIME. But, she usually leaves out the verb for some reason. That is, unless it is a command like "mommy, eat" or "mommy, hold me". The other day she said something in the car and Sam and I looked at one another and realized it was a complete sentence with a subject, verb and direct object. We cannot for the life of us remember what she said. So, for the baby book today's sentences of "feet are cold" and "mommy, tie it in bow" will be recorded as the first complete sentences.
When I went to pick up Katherine at Mother's Day out on Monday I was greeted by the cutest thing. She and the two other girls in her class had climbed into the three rocking chairs to read books. They were all lined up busy reading. I wish I had a photo. Of course the moment she saw me she hopped off and ran to the door. She is always excited to see mommy. I love that she loves to read and hope that it becomes a lifelong love of hers. On her daily sheet I saw one comment for the first time, "successful on the potty". Yeah Katherine!
Tuesday my friend from childhood, Karen, and her daughter, Kaitlyn came over to play. I don't think the girls have played together since about last May when they were new walkers so this was quite fun to have them together again.
I went to Canton on Thursday by myself for First Monday Trade Days. I tried to find a shopping buddy but no one else was available to go. I actually kind of liked it because I could go at my own pace and only go in the booths I wanted to go in. I bought Katherine more bows and our collection warranted a "bow holder" so that was my craft for the weekend. It is basic at just a pair of ribbons hanging from a wooden frog to match her bathroom. The problem is that already there are 3 bows that don't fit so I need to modify my design.
Canton is such a funny place. There were a few things that I always laugh at.
- The people who rent scooters that usually only disabled people drive. Are you just that lazy that as a totally able bodied person with no obesity issues you cannot walk like everyone else? It was not very crowded since I went on a Thursday so some of these people on scooters were going very fast in my opinion.
- People with the special carts complete with quilted liners, cup holders and all kinds of accessories. You know you are a serious flea market attendee when you have well over $100 wrapped up into the "shopping cart" that you take to haul your goods. Me, I just take a rolling suitcase. I am sure it looks quite funny but it works for me.
- I laugh at the people who bring their pets and carry them around in little pet strollers. Seriously people, leave them at home!
On a very frustrating note, this week when I turned on my palm pilot, it said there was a fatal error and to reset. It would not reset and kept saying fatal error. So, the palm is trash. My question to all of you - what do you use as a calendar? Are you an electronic person or a pen and paper person? If you use pencil and paper, I would love to know if you have a calendar you love. I am considering going back to the old fashioned way.
2 comments:
Very funny about her "discovering" the glass wall! Did it leave a smudge?
Pretty harsh judgements on the other people at the flea market. I'm sure someone is blogging about the North Dallas girl with the roller suitcase. :)
"Fafrine" is soooo cute, and so smart! We can't wait to see her!
I've only been to Canton once: after a college retreat when I was really tired and not that into shopping. I'd like to go again. I bet it would be fun to go with people, but I can see how going it alone could be good, too.
I use my pda for calendar, but isn't this your 2nd pda to go kaput? I don't blame you for wanting to go back to pencil/paper. You can often get little checkbook sized calendars for $1 at JoAnn's. I hope you had backed up recently! :o(
Post a Comment