Thursday, February 7, 2008

Back to the drawing board

Katherine has begun to really enjoy drawing. Anytime she sees a pen, pencil or marker she finds whatever paper is close and begins to scribble. We have to watch out that she does not write on things we don't want her to write on. The other night we were watching her draw as we were eating dinner and as a teacher I was amazed at how she had the proper grip on her pen. I did not teach kids as they were learning to write but I had junior high students who still were having problems holding their pens correctly.
I love the looks of concentration on her face. She was writing on a handout I had from a rec center. She was actually very intentionally marking only on the pictures. When I look at these pictures I am amazed at how big and grown up my baby girl looks. She is not really a baby anymore is she?

4 comments:

The Fanks said...

Silas wrote on our laptop yesterday with a pen. So cute.

Jaime and Will said...

Katherine is so smart! I'm very impressed. But Katherine hasn't been a baby for a loooong time... Even Sophia is all toddler. I want to write a book titled "HELP! My baby has turned into a toddler!"

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I know Katherine is not a baby and has not been for a long time but to me she will always be my baby girl. Will you should understand that in our family where everyone refers to one another as baby. In these pictures she actually looks not even like a toddler but a little girl.

Erin said...

I'm really impressed with her grip on that pen, too! I think its funny how kids are drawn to and instinctively know certain things and not other things. Like Andrew, he does not like to draw and has trouble holding a pen even though I show and help him every time. Yet Katherine just gets it. I'm always amazed by kids...