This week I ran into Angela and her kids Danijela and Luca on Monday at the park. We had a nice time catching up while chasing toddlers. On Friday I was talking on the phone to Anne about plans for this weekend. She mentioned that she was meeting Sundee at the park. I live close and it was a gorgeous day outside so we tagged along. What a fun, spontaneous afternoon. Both of these moms have become friends through blogs and other activities and they are so godly, friendly and genuinly nice. Though I have not been with them much in person, we had a great afternoon watching the kids play. 
Reece is 2 months older than Katherine. It had been at least 6 months since they had seen one another so they were really new friends. Poor Reece was the only one who brought a snack and he was expected to share. He did well but I am not sure that he liked sharing his crackers all the time. The poor guy took a tumble from the second step and scraped his face. You can tell that a hug from mama helps. 
Poor Henrietta is 11 months old and not walking or climbing yet so she had to watch the big kids but she was very content to do so. I love those big blue eyes.
Every time we go to the playground Katherine gets more and more daring. At first she hesitated to go down the big twisty slide at all, even with mommy. Finally, I convinced her to go down with me a few times. Then I convinced her to go on her own. You can see from the first picture that she was very hesitant and timid. She sat at the top for a bit.

She finally started to creep her way down.
Is that an excited kid or what. You can tell she really enjoyed it.
By the end of the afternoon she was climbing up the mini rock wall and going down the big slide head first an on her belly.
Thanks Sundee and Anne for a fun spontaneous afternoon.
Thanks Sundee and Anne for a fun spontaneous afternoon.
3 comments:
We'll have to do that again, it was a lot of fun. I love the action shot you took of Penelope!
yep, the wife of one of my friends from college has a blog and I feel like I know her just from reading her blog. Kinda wild.
Glad you had fun and that Katherine is enjoying the slide!
Looks like y'all had fun! My boys look forward to joining the healthy, outside world again someday soon.
Yeah, Sundee is a prepared Momma. Reece always seems to have a snack and O always seems to be mooching off of him. :)
Chrys
Post a Comment