Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2 parties for a 2 year old

Saturday Katherine had her second birthday party, this one for family. Attending were Nana and Pops, Grammy and Grandad, George, Shannon, Emily, Nathan, Hannah and Carissa, Ryan and Ty. We started with lunch - chicken nuggets from chick fil a, chips, fruit, etc. Katherine had a ball following Emily everywhere and was insistent on sharing her Cheetos. Emily was not too thrilled.

We took the 5 cousins outside for another painting session. It was another beautiful day.
Nathan painted a blue picture.



Hannah with her daddy's help.
A 7 year old can paint an actual, recognizable picture of a flower.
Ty perfecting his masterpiece.


Since this was Katherine's third birthday party in a week (one for Sophia and two for her), she knew the drill and was ready for cake. She tried to touch the flame but Nathan stopped her.

Another blue face from the icing.
I think Katherine had too many presents. She could not make it through opening all of them. We opened a few more that night and some the next day. I wrapped up some things that I was giving her anyway like her bedding for her big girl bed and big girl panties because we had been talking about those two things all week.
She is wearing her new tutu and riding a rocking horse that was her Nana's when she was a little girl. Nana gave me a picture of her on the horse and of me on the horse.
Her big present from mommy and daddy was a play kitchen. All of the cousins played with it for awhile. It has been a huge hit.
We have a Bradford Pear tree in the back yard. I had no idea that it could be climbed like this but Nathan went pretty high.

2 comments:

Heidi McKee said...

what a beautiful fun birthday party. That gives me a great idea! I'm glad I found your blog. Abby loves Kathrine, and if they continue in the same class they might be good friends one day. Thanks! Heidi

Rich and Jen said...

Ugh!! The suspense! Post it, girl!! ;o)