We went to Katherine's 18 month check up last week. It was three months late due to our long trip. It made it pretty funny when they were asking me all the 18 month old developmental questions. My favorite was when they asked if she was saying at least 5 words other than mommy and daddy. I actually laughed out loud as I said she has well over 200 words and speaks in 2-3 word phrases.
We had a bit of a challenge getting Katherine's height measured. She did not want to lay on the table and be still. We even had baby show her what to do. So then we tried to measure her standing. I had a nurse and someone in training and the measurements ranged form 30-33 inches. I think that officially they wrote down 31.25 inches. She did better on the scale and stood still. She was 20.4 pounds, still at <3%. class="blsp-spelling-corrected" id="SPELLING_ERROR_0">consistent growth curve that follows the line on the chart, it is just below the lines.
Today Katherine is feeling a bit under the weather. They called me from MDO to tell me she had a fever. She was pretty lethargic the rest of the day and was somewhat content to sit in mommy's lap for the rest of the day. Surprisingly, being sick did not increase the number of times she nursed today. She has been holding steady at 2 times for the last few days. We are making progress. I have not nursed her before bed since Thanksgiving and I have only nursed her first thing in the morning a few times. I think that weaning will help her to start eating better and hopefully get larger. I need her to gain a little weight as we are having an impossible time finding pants that will stay on her skinny waist yet not be highwaters. Don't start suggesting adjustable waist pants to me either, they either are only available starting at size 24 months or they form a nice poof on her bum.
No comments:
Post a Comment