The funny thing is that since all of the Little People are interchangeable, we have found a few interesting renditions of the Christmas story.
In the first picture you will notice that there is a lion admiring the baby Jesus and the Angel of the Lord is riding in on a tricycle.
Here is a better view of the Angel of the Lord and her new set of wheels.
Don't forget the zoo keeper and the school girl. They must come to worship the Baby Jesus as well.
After erin commented I realized that I forgot to include a few things about the Little People Nativity set in my post. You have to buy it online. Forsome reason they don't carry it in stores. I guess the anti Christ-mas conspiracy :). You can get it either straight from Fisher Price or from Toys R Us. There are two versions. We have the basic. The deluxe has a star that lights up and plays away in a manger and it comes with few palm trees and maybe a cart that the donkey pulls. I didn't think it was worth $10 more.
There are two things that bug me. First, there are no shepherds, only wisemen. You buy those separately. Technically I think it should have come with the shepherds since they were there first and the wisemen did not actually arrive until much later. Second, Joseph has a shepherds crook which is silly since he was a carpenter. I guess the toy makers at Fisher Price are not theologians are they?
6 comments:
That's so funny! I would have never thought about the Little People nativity set...
Sorry to hear you've been sick.
I love Katherine's versions of the nativity. My neice recently was "reading the Bible" to her dad. It was about Jesus being born and then everyone heading to the swimming pool for a little swim.
Sorry, abbie poteet is really "alice".
I personally like the angel in her chariot :) JG loves his set too and is always showing the pieces to Ava and telling her the Christmas story.
Cute! The angel probably enjoyed riding that tricycle for a change.
Oliver has really enjoyed the Little People nativity set this year. We got it at Mardels and I guess it is the deluxe set b/c it came w/ shepherds. :)
Chrys
We have the set as well and the shepherds. Amazingly I have kept up with all pieces as they end up all over the house and at "the farm." Today I found a sheep on top of the stable instead of the angel. No matter how often I set it up it was always dismantled within 5 mins - even if he hadn't been playing with it. :)
Post a Comment