Saturday, December 29, 2007

Something that bugs me

Katherine outgrew her tennis shoes over a month ago. Since then she has been wearing every other shoe and I have been searching all over town for tennis shoes. Why in the world is this such a problem? Here is the thing - I don't want Dora or Barbie or Elmo or any other character on her shoes. Neither do I want it to be overly pink with flowers, butterflies or glitter. I just want a pair of tennis shoes that are mostly white and velcro so that they stay on and go with all of her clothes. The pair that she just outgrew is what I am looking for. I bought them at Kohl's but they are no longer there. I have found them at Famous Footwear but not in her size. Why does this have to be such a difficult quest?

10 comments:

MacFadyen Clan said...

that is annoying...i don't have a girl but i think nordstrom's kids shoes have some plain tennis shoes. They have a great shoe department for kids on the top floor at Northpark. Some of them are pretty expensive. But we got quade some cute Vans for about $20. I figure he wears them every day so it was worth it.

Erin said...

Ugh- this is such an issue! I do not like character shoes either. Or the overly glittery ones. Heather brings up a good point about the fact that they are worn every day and get well used, so spending more money is worth it.

Stacemoe said...

Academy of Sports is a good place to look...They have plain white Keds for kids at a good price...I know my 4 year old niece has gotten some there, so I think they have sizes that would fit Katherine..you may want to call first.

Stacemoe said...

Here is a link to the keds at Academy. They are the white leather ones that are plain, but have the cute silver charms on the shoe laces. They are only $19.99 and are in sizes 11-4 for girls...obviously I don't know what size shoe Katherine wears, but maybe that will work. http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/footwear/kids/girls_athletic_low&start=0&selectedSKU=0523-03422-1028

Beth said...

I got Ava some plain white velcro sketchers at Famous Footwear. She loves them. They do have a little silver around the edges.

Amy said...

We've had good luck at Old Navy - at least for boys shoes and they are pretty cheap $7-$15. A friend told me about Journey Kids to find Vans as well although I haven't tried that. We did find some good basic brown one's at REI that were onsale over the summer.

Anne said...

I saw some white keds velcro tennies at Nordstrom Northpark. They were about $20. The had a mary jane strap with velcro, so they weren't too sporty looking, but they were in the sneaker section.

Holly Ramsey said...

I feel this way about girls jeans. Most of them have something dorky on them that reduces the ability to match w/multiple outfits. I buy all Bree's jeans at Old Navy now. Plain, cute cut, fit well, and cheap.

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Funny that the most commented post is about Katherine's shoes. I ahve had a few more emails as well so I have a lot of great suggestions. I agree with you Holly on jeans as well. I only buy plain jeans except for outfits I get at consignment sales. I will keep youall posted when I finally get a pair of shoes.

Beth said...

Since now we are talking about jeans, I think The Children's PLace is the best for jeans. The don't have appliques on them--well some do I'm sure--but the ones on the wall are plain. And you can get boot cut with ruffles or without. They are all really cute.