Thursday, December 20, 2007

Priceless!!!

Plane tickets to Norway - $6000
Train tickets to the fjords - $450
Norwegian sweater $300
Telling everyone that the family Christmas photo is a family of four, not three - PRICELESS

Yes, that is right, we will be a family of four. Right before we came home from Norway we found out that we were pregnant with baby #2 whom we call "Squeak". On our final Sunday we went to our traditional breakfast place, United Bakery. As we were eating, I gave Sam a card. It happens that November 11th is Father's Day in Norway so I gave him a Father's Day card. After complimenting how great a dad he is with Katherine, I ended by saying that he would also be a great dad to "Squeak". He was so shocked (I don't know why, it was planned) and so excited.


It has been so difficult not to tell the world outside of family and close friends but we decided to wait until after my first appointment with my midwife. Well, at that appointment they could not hear the heartbeat. My new practice does not do confirmation sonograms, they only listen with the Doppler and it was too early. So, two more weeks of waiting and secret keeping until this week when I had another visit. They still could not hear a heartbeat with the Doppler so they did end up doing a sonogram and everything was fine. I was kind of glad they had to do a sono because now I have an "alien baby" picture to match Katherine's.


So, Katherine will be a big sister sometime mid to late July. We are so excited.

By the way, why do we call this baby "Squeak"? Well, when we first found out we were pregnant with Katherine, we wanted to have a nickname that we called the baby rather than referring to "it" or "the baby". I jokingly said, "well, we have a pup so let's have a pip." So, we called Katherine "Pip" when she was still in my belly Then when we decided to change our blog's domain name so that it was no longer our first and last names, we thought that Pip and Squeak was cute and planned then that the second kiddo would be "squeak". Now you know the story of our blog name as well (which you may notice has now changed since we are back from Norway and have made our announcement.)

5 comments:

Stacemoe said...

Congradulations!!!! I know you are so excited!!!

Misty said...

Congrats! I was so glad to get the news. We had the exact same thing happen when we went in for our first doctor's visit during Madeleine's pregnancy. I remember being somewhat freaked out about not being able to confirm (even though the rest of my body was confirming it) and hear that heartbeat. 10 days later she was beating loud and clear. Congrats again!

Amy said...

Congrats! We are so excited for the 4 of you!

Chrys and Mike said...

CONGRATS!!!!! We're out of town and I haven't been keeping up w/ blogs. I just now looked at your header and thought, "kiddos??", as in, plural?? So I quickly scrolled down to find the news! I'm so excited for you!!!

Chrys

Anne said...

I am way out of the loop! I am so excited for you!

(I have finally added your new blog to my Google Reader, so now I will be up to date on the adventures of Pip and Squeak. What took me so long?!?!)

This is such great news!