Saturday, December 22, 2007

Could this be it?

First of all, I am making several posts tonight to catch up so make sure you scroll down and read all the new ones, especially "Priceless".

Could this be it? Are we about to be weaned? Last night Katherine spent the night with Nana and Pops. The last time I nursed her was at 7 am Friday morning. We had a busy day with friends over to play and running errands before I dropped her off at Nana's at 5. Then Sam and I were not around until this afternoon at 3. She only asked to nurse one time and that was right before dinner so we just fed her. Sam put her to bed with no fuss and I did not nurse.

I have to admit that tonight I cried about it. Kind of funny since I have been trying to wean and know that it is time. She is certainly old enough! I have loved nursing Katherine. It is such a sweet time that we both have really enjoyed. I will miss it. Today it was hard because in my efforts to not nurse her, I was more distant from her. I played with her on the floor but we did not read or cuddle. I did not want to provide a time where she would realize that we were snuggled and she could nurse. That is what made me sad. I missed my little girl today. I know that when this process is over she will me just as snugly but today I missed it.

I don't know for sure if we are totally through or not. Tomorrow I may cave. We are about to spend a few days in a house full of people which could either distract her or make her crave closeness with her mommy.

It is a bittersweet process.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, I feel for you! It is a very bittersweet thing! I remember being so ready to wean Andrew, but then being so sad about it once we were completely done. I agree that its b/c you lose that closeness, and especially for you having to keep Katherine at a distance for the weaning process. Keep it up - you'll make through!