The good news is that nothing was ruined and I was actually able to scrapbook today. I went to Karen's house. We ate lunch, the kids played and napped and we worked on our crafts outside. I completed three pages. Originally my goal was to complete Katherine's first year scrapbook by the time she turned 18 months. Well, she turned 18 months a week ago and I still have 3 months to go. My scrapbook is stuck in November. It was good to get started today and I plan to try to get off the internet at night (with the exception of keeping this blog updated) so that I can do more scrapbooking.
Here are my three pages. They are not 100% complete because they do not have titles yet.
On another note, we had a bit if excitement tonight. Sam had just left for a business dinner. Katherine and I were playing and the fire alarm went off. I waited about 30 seconds to see if it would turn off like it was an accident but I heard doors opening, shutting and locking as my neighbors were leaving the building. I quickly grabbed my purse and our passports (not fun to have to replace) and put Katherine in the stroller. I looked down the hall and saw nothing so then I grabbed our laptops and put them in the bottom of the stroller. Then I realized we are on the 4th floor and so we have to take the stairs. So I take Katherine out of the stroller, grab our jackets and go to the courtyard (leaving the laptops but with purse still on myshoulder). We were there 10 mintues. A firetruck and 3 firemen came and went up to the 5th floor. Apparently someone set off the fire alarm while cooking their dinner. I was glad that was all it was because I sure did not want to deal with a burning building!
2 comments:
--Man, she DOES have amazingly blue eyes! Very pretty! :o)
--Aren't you glad it wasn't YOU who set off the alarm cooking dinner??!!! ("Those stupid Americans!") :oP
Quick thinking Christy!
Post a Comment