Friday, August 17, 2007

The diet gods are NOT kind to me


Before we came to Norway, I was aware of the fact that my soft drink consumption, specifically Dr. Pepper had crept back out of control. I had almost given it up entirely while pregnant but slowly had begun to drink one almost every day. I knew that I would not be able to find Dr. Pepper in Norway since they are rare overseas and I knew that soft drinks would be very expensive so I thought that would be a good time to give them up again. Wouldn’t you know the 7-11 in our building sells Dr. Pepper! I shopped at several shopping centers around town and even have been in other 7-11 stores and none of them carry Dr. Pepper, only mine. The Diet gods are playing a cruel joke on me. At least the main deterrent is that the bottle of Dr. Pepper costs a little over $3 so it will still have to be a treat.

This bottle was consumed as a celebration on the night we got our internet set up and I was able to reconnect with the world.