Today was a day with a lot of progress. Sam took the day off and we packed, and we packed, and we packed some more. Katherine was with Ms. Lori so we were very productive. In addition to packing, we are trying to clean out our closets and make room for our friends to move in while we are gone. I am amazed at the things still in my closet. In the picture below, you will find three items. Two are being donated and one is staying. Let me tell you about the three items.

First you have the red and white sweater on the left. That is the sweater that I wore to a Sadie Hawkins dress in the 10th grade. Yep, it is still in my sweater box. That means that I have had this sweater for 18 years and it has moved with me to 8 different living places. I have no idea when the last time I wore it. Second you have the turtleneck that I am wearing. If you look closely, you will see some light blue stains around the waist. That is how I know the date of this turtleneck. I wore this on a mission trip to Tijuana where we painted a church. Yes, it was painted turquoise blue. This mission trip was Christmas 1987! Yep, I have had this turtleneck for 20 years. Last, you will see a sorority sweatshirt. This is just one example of all of the sorority stuff I still possess. I had probably 7 sweatshirts including the one from my freshman year square dance. That is still my favorite sweatshirt ever. Can I hear an amen from all my Theta sisters? You know the one I am talking about. I probably still have 20 t-shirts. I don't know why I can't give them away easily. Probably because of the years of being so proud to be a Theta and cringing at the thought of someone buying it at a thrift store for $.50. I hated seeing my letters on someone who I knew was not a member.
So which one am I keeping? I am keeping the turtleneck. It is still in great shape except for the stain that is always tucked in or under a sweater. Really the only part that shows is the neck. The thing is, they are just cut different now. The other ones that I have are either snug or the wrong length.
So which one am I keeping? I am keeping the turtleneck. It is still in great shape except for the stain that is always tucked in or under a sweater. Really the only part that shows is the neck. The thing is, they are just cut different now. The other ones that I have are either snug or the wrong length.
In other news on the packing front, we bought Katherine a travel bed. We are shipping her pack and play to use while we are in our apartment in Oslo, but the idea of traveling on the Eurail with a pack and play is not very exciting. We looked at all of the different options and decided on the Pea Pod Plus. It is basically a toddler tent. It has a very nice inflatable mattress and she can be zipped into it. We also looked at the Phil and Teds light weight collapsible bed but Katherine freaked out when she got near it. As you can see, I can fit in it when in the fetal position. Hopefully Katherine will like it too!

1 comment:
I cannot believe that you have so many old clothes! I should believe it b/c I am the same way with things - not necessarily clothes, though. You should make a blanket or quilt with your sorority t-shirts. I love the pictures of you in the tent! If we don't see you before you leave, have a great time!!!
Post a Comment