I am sure that it is no surprise to any of you who know me well that life is getting busy in Norway already. We have been here two weeks and I have made friends and made commitments. I am so glad that I am outgoing or it would be really hard. I am also thankful for the internet and the ability it gave me to have a head start on getting involved in things before I arrived.
I made a few friends on the Internet. I met Hilde and then her son Nikolas on the Mothering.com message board. I emailed Jen who is a friend of a friend in Dallas. I found a Women's Club and a church on the Internet. I met Aska at the park.
The church has asked if I could help out with a welcome packet while I am here (always getting involved in ministry). The women's club needs someone to coordinate the moms and tots group. I told both that I could help. So, I have been in a new country and already have 2 commitments.
Being in a new place where I am in a small apartment with a toddler would be very lonely if I did it any other way. I feel like we are all getting pretty well adjusted. I think we are all three really enjoying not having a car and walking everywhere. I probably walk 2-5 miles a day while pushing a stroller or carrying Katherine. I brought work out clothes, but I don't think I will need to make any trips to the gym. Katherine is learning to be flexible and has even gotten good at naps on the go in her stroller. We will see how we enjoy this mode of living when winter comes.
1 comment:
Hey guys! We enjoy reading your updates while you are gone. Keep 'em coming. I'm glad you've made lots of connections there. Being the extroverted gal that God made you, I know that's really important and I'm glad to hear you are finding lots of people to connect with. (Being the not-so-extroverted gal that God made me, ... well, let's just say I would go crazy in your shoes. I am energized when I can get away alone for a little while. And living in a tiny apartment with 3 kiddos I would definitely need a lot of energy!) Enjoy your park days - it looks like beautiful weather there!
Post a Comment