Monday, August 20, 2007

More on sleep

Katherine has done better in her Pea Pod Plus Travel Bed but still has ended up in our bed every night. She loves sleeping with me. I like to snuggle but don’t get very good sleep since her preference is to nurse all night. It is not helping in my goal of weaning her soon. We have not been zipping her into the Pea Pod because we think she would freak out when she wakes up. You can see from the photo that she really rolls around. I am glad that we put it on a mattress.

Our fed ex boxes and Katherine's pack and play arrived today. We are so excited. But, we are even more fortunate to now have a CRIB!!!! Being the outgoing and organized mom that I am I got on a lot of message boards before we came to try to connect with moms in Oslo. I spoke with Hilde on Saturday about getting together this week and she asked me if we needed a baby cot. She had an extra one they were about to put into storage. A baby cot is a crib. It is smaller than what Katherine is used to but it has a better mattress than a pack and play. Hilde and her husband (Mark I think) came over on Saturday to drop it off. Tomorrow when we get together she is going to give me the sheets and bumper. Katherine has slept in it two nights. Both night she went to bed (11:15 and 10:15, getting earlier!) and woke up only once at about 2:30. She went back to sleep in the crib and was there until about 6:30 when it gets really light in her room (remember we are pretty far north). Then she gets in bed with us until Sam's alarm goes off at 7:30. She is doing much better. She even took a 2 hour nap yesterday. One hour was in our bed and one hour was in her stroller going down the street, the subway, a bus, walking and in church.



You can see in this photo exactly how small Katherine's room is. Both of us can stretch and touch opposing walls with our hands. TINY! I am glad she is small and does not have much stuff. She pretty much just sleeps in there.

4 comments:

The Fanks said...

Hurray for the bed! You can think of Silas tomorrow morning (our time). Tonight was his first night in a big bed.

Gina said...

I have you beat! My three will be in one bedroom. Only about twice that size! At least it's cozy! : )

Rich and Jen said...

Ok, your "outgoingness" (I'm sure that's a word, right?) absolutely amazes me! That's so cook that you got a crib!

Rich and Jen said...

ok, obviously I meant that was "cool" not "cook." ;oP