Monday, August 20, 2007

It feels like Christmas!


Our boxes arrived from Fed Ex today. I have no idea what the hold up was. It was supposed to take 8 days and it took 14. They have been in Oslo since last Monday. I know that they opened them because they were barely retaped together. The boxes are in horrible shape and will probably not be able to be used again to ship stuff home. I don't care because we have our stuff!

It was like Christmas opening our boxes. Katherine had a lot of fun seeing all of her stuff, especially her toys. For over a week she has had 4 books, 2 dolls and a set of finger puppets. Now she has a lot more to play with.
I am also glad to have her booster seat, her potty (which she was also excited to see), her sippy cups, bowls, spoons, etc., and my books. I think the thing I was most excited to receive was my pillow. The pillow I have been sleeping on feels like someone just put some cotton balls or quilting batting in a pillow case. It is horrible. We also got sweaters and coats but thankfully we don't need that yet. We still have two boxes that we sent through the post office. Apparently they tried to deliver it Saturday morning at 9am. We don't know why we didn't get them because we were here. We were still asleep so maybe we did not hear them ring the buzzer. It is pretty loud and obnoxious so I would doubt that. In those last two boxes we have office stuff, scrapbook stuff, 2 more coats and our Magic Bullet. Who knows what else is in there. I can't remember now but we have it all on a spread sheet.

We have also experienced generosity from our new friends. We have a crib (see next post) that my online friend Hilde gave us. Some friends we met yesterday at church are coming by today to bring a jogging stroller that will work better on the cobblestone streets and in all weather. I had been looking on Finn.no (Norwegian version of Craig's list) for strollers but used they were still over $300! They are also letting us borrow some tools and an air mattress when my parents come visit since we do not have anough beds and hotels are $300 a night.

2 comments:

Drea said...

hey thanks for visiting!! Im short on time today but I just wanted to say hi and let you know I checked our your blog :-)Ive never shopped on craigs list but it looks interesting. Ive heard people can get great deals off sites like that.

Rich and Jen said...

You sure have been generous with your own "stuff" so I'm so glad you've been on the receiving end of such generosity!