We ate dinner at a restaurant that was kind of attached to the cathedral. It was kind of middle eastern food and pretty good. I thought this was a great picture of Sam and Katherine. It was a challenge to keep her happy for the entire meal.
Here we are with the Royal Palace in the far distance.
Katherine meets her first Norwegian Troll!
Katherine and I watched these street performers for quite some time. I even put a little change in their bowl. They had a bunch of beer bottles filled with water for different pitches. They played classics like Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee and others. They were surprisingly good.
The oldest building in Oslo.
After dinner we took a long walk suggested in Rick Steeves' guidebook to explore a different part of town. Not everyone does a photo shoot of their toddler in a graveyard.
This was an interesting building. It is a former grain silo that has been converted into student housing. I thought it was pretty innovative and am curious to see what they look like. It had to take a lot of work to remodel the grain silo.
3 comments:
That is a really good picture of Sam and Katherine. And I can't believe that Katherine wasn't scared of that troll! I like the picture of the angel praying, too - might be neat to frame that one. Fun times!
The troll: I'm surprised Katherine didn't get scared of the troll...I remember at my grandparents old house in Houston, they had one of those trolls in a room where I slept and it always scared me. Eeek!!
The performers: I like their sign about collecting $$ for new instruments. Hee hee. :o)
Ha! I hadn't noticed Erin wrote the same thing about the troll!
Post a Comment