Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day Sam!

I feel lo blessed that my kids have such a wonderful daddy. When he comes home from work they are both so excited to see him. I love that he is such an involved dad that does not hesitate to jump into any parenting task. I got lucky that when I married Sam I not only found a great husband but a great daddy too.

We had a great Father's Day. After church we went to my parents house where we had lunch, opened presents, watched TV and took naps. The girls even cooperated and took some good pictures with their daddy.

It was a little more difficult to get a good picture with Pops.

For Father's Day I made Sam a scrapbook to put a Father's Day photo with the girls in each year. It was so easy as this was only the 4th Father's Day. I think we should be able to keep up with it. We also gave him some BBQ accessories and a day to work in the workshop with his friend Richard. That was yesterday and I will post on what the girls did later.

Pops was also given some new BBQ accessories to go with the BBQ grill that we gave him 2 years ago. Pops is a wonderful grandfather to my girls and a great daddy to me. His New Year's resolution was to see the girls more, weekly if possible so when he hears that they are going to be at their house during the day he will come home for lunch if he can. He and Katherine like to go out in the backyard to play soccer. Considering he was my soccer coach for years I would not be surprised if he has her doing drills before long.

We were all tired. Caroline fell asleep first so we decided to put Katherine down for a nap. Then Sam and Pops fell asleep on the couches.

I did a little Father's Day questionnaire with Katherine. Her answers were pretty funny and seemed to revolve a bit around food which was funny.

Katherine’s 2009 Father’s Day Questions

I really love it when my daddy bake a cake.
My dad likes to bake eggs.
My dad always tells me to make bagels.
The best thing he does is bake eggs.
It makes him happy when he eat cake.
My dad loves to relax by on the bed.
The best thing he cooks is pancakes.

When my dad shops he likes to buy pizza.
My dad’s favorite household chore is clean the floor.
My dad’s favorite TV show is basketball.
If he could go on a trip, he would go to Austin.
I love my dad because I like to kiss him and hug him.

My favorite thing to do with daddy is play puzzles and play dress up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did a similar questionnaire with Caedmon for Tom. My favorite answers were:
What does daddy like to wear? (totally expected the answer to be scrubs) C: "Costumes. Like Superman because he is strong."
Daddy relaxes by: "Sleeping"
Favorite TV show: "the News" (he thinks when we turn on the TV after he goes to bed we watch the news all night...hee! hee!)
I love how their minds work at this age!

Beth said...

look for this on my blog!! I'm stealing it!!