Saturday, June 6, 2009

Over the river and through the woods. . .

This weekend Katherine went on her first overnight trip to Grammy's house without me or Sam. Really, this is the first time we have all been away for this long and this far. Sad that she is 3 and we have never left her except when we were staying at a hotel in our own city. Anyway, she has been excited about her trip to Grammy's house with her other girl cousins Emily and Hannah. Yesterday we met Grammy and Grandad half way for lunch and to send off the girls. Katherine was so excited I think she would have forgotten to say "Good-Bye" if I had not come to her to give her a hug and a kiss. I did not call and talk to her last night because I did not want to make her miss me if she was dong OK without me. I did talk to her this morning. She is having a ball. They have been playing dress up and having tea parties. I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures that Grammy has been taking.

Sam has been wanting to go visit a college friend to work on some projects so I told him to go this weekend. That has left me home with only Caroline. I have had a fun weekend with just one child to love on. I have also been able to be a little more productive than usual. I am in the middle of reorganizing all the toys in our house, I finished sewing a dress for Caroline, I found a swimsuit that I am moderately pleased with and I bought some great deals at a garage sale.

I can't wait until we are all reunited tomorrow.

No comments: