Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pip and Squeak's week #1

This is a post that I wrote back in May and just realized never got posted. Oops.

It seems like there are so many little things that the girls do that I want to remember and/or share but they are not a big enough deal to be a post on their own. So, I am starting a "feature" of my blog called Pip and Squeak's week. I may not actually post it on a strict weekly schedule but this is where I will catch up on random thoughts and stories.

Katherine talks ALL. THE. TIME. which means that she says some pretty funny and clever things.
-Today I went to vote for City Council and Proposition 1 and 2. I took Katherine with me. She asked what we were doing so I proceeded to explain as best I could, the concept of voting to a 3 year old. I told her that I was going to help choose a leader for our city by telling the people which person I wanted to be the leader. Then he would help to make the rules that I would then follow. Then she said, "Mommy, when I grow up and am a princess. I vote too, all my byself."
-After voting we went to the grocery store and when we got in the car to leave she said, "mommy, I want to go play now." I told her that we were going home. Her reply was, "but I thought we were going to play 'follow the leader'". All the voting talk of a leader got her excited about playing.

For the past week or more we have read the same bedtime story every night. Katherine asks to read "Jesus rose again" from her Big Picture Story Bible. This actually spans over 3 stories as we read when Jesus died, how his followers were sad and how he rose again. She asks tons of questions, the same ones every night, and I try my best to answer them in an age appropriate manner that she can understand. At dinner with Nana and Pops she asked Pops if she knew the story of Jesus rising and she told him that it was very important. Her explanation of being dead is that you go to sleep and never wake up.

Nana asked Katherine if she played with her friends Cole and Landon at school. Katherine said, "Yes but they are boys and boys don't like to play princess. Boys like to play "dead" and other scary things.

No comments: