I have mentioned before that Katherine loves to play dress up. Basically from the moment she gets up until the moment she goes to bed she is wearing dress up clothes. Her new thing is to put on pieces of several outfits at one time. She often has layers of dress up clothes. We were lucky that we were given a huge box of dress up clothes from a friend in addition to several birthday presents and garage sale finds. She has plenty of dress up clothes and has no problem sharing with all of her friends. If you come to our house, you better be ready to dress up.
We have had to institute a few rules for dress up. The main two are that you must take off your dress up clothes when we eat with the exception of your tiara (it was our compromise) and you must take off your dress up clothes if mommy asks you to when we leave the house. Again, I usually still allow the tiara and sometimes jewelry.
Overall I think it is really cute and it is a lot of fun to see her using her imagination. She acts out all kinds of stories.
We have been having a little problem though. With all of those princess clothes on it is a lot harder to use the bathroom. Plus when you are having so much fun, who wants to take a break? So, Katherine has been having more accidents than usual. I am learning how to wash dress up clothes. So, today I told her that the next time she had an accident we were putting up the dress up box for a few days. Her reply was that she did not want me to do that. Well, when friends were over, she had an accident, right in front of the toilet. She did not allow herself enough time to take off her costume. So, I have put all of the clothes in a box in the garage. Since we had friends over, she does not realize this has been done yet. In the morning she will not be happy. I plan to keep them hidden until Sunday after church if she has remained accident free. I am hoping that this is a good motivator for her since it is one of her favorite things.
1 comment:
good luck today without the dress up clothes! Stay strong! :)
Post a Comment