Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sisterly love

I have really enjoyed watching my two girls interact. I am amazed at how early they are able to play together considering they are almost two and a half years apart. Katherine is a wonderful big sister. She loves Baby "Kay- yine" so much and really is sweet. With every new developmental stage - sitting, crawling, pulling up, cruising - Katherine interacts with her more. Of course we are also learning things like how to share with a baby who doe snot play by the same rules and how to keep big girl toys where a baby cannot get them. It is a learning process but I have been delighted at how it has gone. So, here are a lot of random photos from the past few months of the girls together. They loaded with the most recent first and I was too lazy to rearrange in chronological order.

Caroline can climb into the little chairs now so the girls can sit together. She looks so grown up. Notice that Katherine is not too excited about sharing her crayons because Caroline just enjoys dropping them on the floor.
Bath time is always fun. Caroline could care less that Katherine pours water on her head.

Katherine has even decided that she should feed Caroline. I don't have to tell you the mess that this makes. She is much better at putting Cheerios on her high chair tray.

Caroline always wants to see what Katherine is doing. They play pretty well together and can really make one another laugh.



They have matching dresses that my mom's friend gave them. Don't you like the choke hold?

Caroline has learned to climb stairs and this includes playgrounds. Katherine makes sure to tell me that baby sister is climbing and then help her to navigate.

Katherine is such a helper and loves to push Caroline on the swing at the park.


I love that they are already such great friends.

4 comments:

Jaime and Will said...

Off the charts cute! Oh man! I can't wait to see them again. I especially like the crayon picture. That's a good "action-reaction" shot! -w

Melissa said...

that is so fun! growing up with two sisters, i really hope that we have more girls so they can experience what I did- We had so much fun with dolls, barbies, etc. growing up... sharing clothes was the one thing that caused the fights and I would avoid at all costs- but you have awhile until that is an issue :)

Michelle Gibson said...

Your little ones are absolutely adorable! :-)

Jen said...

Love the matchy-matchy outfits! I guess that's one disadvantage to having a boy and girl combo (although of course I am super-excited about our boy and wouldn't trade him!!) But that is very cute and, I'm sure, fun to find the matching stuff.