One of Katherine's BFF's is Ben. His family has a lot going on right now. They put their house on the market and were surprised to sell it really fast. They close this week while his dad is on a youth beach trip and his mom is taking a 1 week class at seminary. So, they were hurrying to pack things up. We invited Ben to spend the day with us at the last minute. It is always a lot of fun.
As the kids get older the differences between boys and girls and how they play get more apparent. You see that Katherine is always dressed as a princess. Ben wore his bike gloves the entire day. While painting you can see the difference.
No matter who comes over to play, Katherine directs them to play dress up. I am trying to accumulate some boy dress up clothes but Ben had to settle for fairy wings, a flower bracelet and Fancy Nancy shoes to go with his bike gloves. You can see that Katherine has had a wardrobe change as well.
I let them play outside unattended and found that they spilled bubbles and then played in the sandbox. They were very dirty. I was not sure if I had hit the age where they should stop taking baths together (what do you all think) so I just let them play in the sprinklers to clean off.
They had a ball and both took nice naps.
1 comment:
Re: baths together. I probably wouldn't do it without the other mom's permission, but we still bathe JTC with his girl cousins and friend Emma without any weirdness. Emma had some questions last time, but they moved on to bath toys pretty easily.
Post a Comment