Spiritual Stuff for Kids
There are a few books we have been reading lately that we really like.
First is My First Hymnal. There are 75 "hymns" (really more kids church songs of my youth). Each song has the words, notes for if you read music and a short explanation/devotional. We are doing 3 songs each night. Most of them I know and a few I make up as I go. I bought this on a whim from Half Price Books.
Every night we also read one story from The Big Picture Story Bible. This Bible has great illustrations and well written stories. I love this Bible. It presents the unified story running through the Old and New Testaments rather than a bunch of disjointed stories.
I bought the four books of the "Big Thoughts for Little Thinkers" series 2 years ago and held on to them until this birthday. They are great books that teach Biblical truths in a very understandable way. They are written for ages 4-8 but I have started reading them with Katherine. They have cute illustrations and simple sentences that somehow convey difficult concepts such as the Gospel, the Trinity, Missions and Scripture. Each page also has scripture references. The author was actually a classmate of mine at seminary as was his wife.

Kids Story Books
Katherine is a girly girl and so we checked out Gigi God's Little Princess from our church library. They are really cute stories about Gigi who is about kindergarten-2nd grade age. She things she is a princess and she learns all kinds of valuable lessons. They are sweet books and we rented one of the videos as well.
I think Katherine's current favorite is Fancy Nancy. I think these books are adorable. They are also about a little girl who is about 5. She loves all things "fancy" and "posh". They are super cute. Katherine has about 5 of the books and an entire outfit for dress up.
1 comment:
Helene loves Fancy Nancy, too!
Post a Comment