Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dress up

Katherine has entered the world of dress up with full force. I had a few items but after receiving more dress up clothes her birthday and a huge box of hand me downs from a friend, we have a lot of dress up clothes. If fact, she has a wooden laundry hamper in her room that is just for her dress up clothes.

Her current favorites are her yellow tutu and her Cinderella dress from Nana. The tutu was from a friend's ballet recital. For some reason she always wears it over her clothes which makes for some interesting combinations. Here she is wearing it while riding her tricycle. I think she looks like she is ready for the circus. The neighbors loved it.

Another day she wore it over her Mexican dress to play in the back yard.

Sometimes the tutu gets layered with her super princess cape. I made the cape and it has a crown on the pink side. The other side has a fabric with castles and it has a big "K". She loves the cape and even wore it to school the other day.

The other day she was wearing her Cinderella outfit and carrying around a stuffed frog. She had no clue that there was a story of a princess kissing a frog so I told it to her.

Her final outfit is her High School Musical cheerleading outfit with her Fancy Nancy hat and sunglasses. She actually wore this out to eat last night. I have decided that I don't care if she dresses up when we are out. It is cute and funny. We do have her take it off when she eats so there will be no spills due to the incident where Hooligan ate her tutu.

2 comments:

Julia said...

So cute! I love the creativity and imagination in dress-up clothes. We don't have any for Grace; I'll have to think about that...

Beth said...

Who would have thought that yellow tutu would bring such pleasure. Glad she likes it.