Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter at the Arboretum

The day before Easter we went with my parents to the Arboretum. We had not all been for the spring festival yet and it was almost over. I expected it to be horribly crowded but it was not too bad. The girls wore their Easter dresses so that I could try to get some good pictures.

The Easter bunny was there for pictures. Katherine enjoyed seeing him but Caroline is not a fan of any character dressed up.

Usually Caroline is the photogenic child. She can usually be counted on for a great big smile. Today she was more interested in playing with the grass. No smiles.
Katherine, on the other hand, decided to be the model. She was posing in front of every flower. She would cock her head to the side and give a huge smile. I took way too many pictures mainly because she is so rarely this cooperative.
Toward the end she decided not too cooperate as much and turned her back. You can see though how long and pretty her hair has gotten. And no, I do not curl her hair. That is how it is naturally. I am so jealous.

Katherine loves to use my camera to take pictures. She actually took a pretty good picture of Nana and Pops. It is tilted to the side like a lot of photographers do.

This was our best sisters photo. It won't be hung on the wall. I don't know what they were looking at.

Katherine found a lady bug. That poor bug was with us for at least 15 minutes. It had deformed wings so it would not fly away. She carried it around and would get upset if she fell on the ground. We would all have to stop and look for her. She and Nana then found a bush with lots of lady bugs so they put her there to be with her mommy, daddy and grandparents.


As we were leaving Katherine asked us to take her picture again. She kept moving to different places for us to take more pictures. I don't know what was going on but I sure liked the cooperation.






No comments: