Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Disney Day 3

Today was our last day at Disneyland. It has been a lot of fun though a lot of work. Packing up everything for the day and riding the shuttle to the park is a chore, especially since you have to fold up the stroller on the shuttle and then let security look through all of your bags.



I made cute outfits for the girls to wear. I decided that rather than buying a cheesy amusement park souvenir t-shirt or Mickey Mouse ears I would make them something that had Disney elements. I saw a few cute things on esty.com and decided to copy and make my own. So, I made pillowcase dresses for Katherine and Sophia that were red with white polka dots. They had black on the bottom and yellow rick-rack border so they were the colors of Minnie and Mickey Mouse. Sophia did not want to wear hers so we missed out on a cute matching picture. I was working on a jumper/pinafore top for Caroline because I knew she would keep untying the ribbon on a pillowcase dress but my sewing machine kept getting the thread tangled (I am a beginner and have no clue how to fix it). So at 3 am the night before our trip I gave up. I made her a cute shirt using "wonder under" and fabric scraps that had the same red and white polka dot with Mickey Mouse ears on it. They were really cute.

Nana really wanted to get a picture with Pops and the 3 kids. They (and mainly I mean Katherine) were not cooperative at all. First Katherine insisted on playing on the fence and not looking at the camera at all. Then I picked her up and tried to hide behind her for the picture.


We also tried to get a cute family picture but again, Katherine would not look at the camera.


After our morning in Toontown we went to ride "It's a Small World". We actually waited in line to ride it before Toontown and when we were the next ones to get on a boat they closed the ride because some of the animatronics were broken. That was a bummer. Luckily it did not take long to wait again.

They have recently redone the ride and added some of the Disney Characters. It was not as annoying as I remembered it from high school. Caroline loved the ride and was bouncing up and down the entire time.

Pops took Katherine for another ride on the teacups while the rest of us got snacks and took breaks. She had a lot of fun.



On the way out of the park we saw Mary Poppins again. She was almost able to get Katherine to dance with her. Katherine really enjoyed the live performances. I wish we had been able to see a parade but with time changes and nap schedules we never were there at the right time.

We went back for a late nap and never made it back to the park. We decided to end on a good note rather than try to push more into the day. We ate Cheesecake Factory in our hotel and swam in the pool.


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks like a fun and successful trip!! I had no idea there were so many fun options for little little kids there.