Sunday, February 8, 2009

writing an email

Katherine loves to play on my computer. She will pull up the extra rolling desk chair and tell me that she needs to send an email or look at pictures. Her new thing it that she wants to write her name. So, I usually open up a document or an email and tell her what letters to type. She knows all of her letters and can find them on the keyboard. Usually she will press one letter for a long time so her name ends up way too long but with all the right letters.

Today she sat at my computer while I was in the other room. I came in and asked her what she was doing. She said she was playing real gentle on my computer and needed to write her name. So, I opened up a window and left the room to get our stuff ready to leave. When I came back later tonight, this is what she had written.

kateriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikat

Considering the fact that I have not made any effort to teach her how to spell her name I think this is pretty good. She remembers it from all the times she asked me to help her spell it on the computer.

No comments: