Friday, February 6, 2009

Playdate

Today we played with Sydney and her mom Sarah. Sarah and I have been in a women's mentoring group at church for 4 years but she has not been able to attend in the past year due to grad school. She came last month and we realized that we needed to get the girls together. Sydney is 4 months younger than Katherine and they probably have not played together since they were 1. Sydney goes to a mom and tot ballet class on Friday's so we joined her. It is for kids 14 months - 2 years so Katherine is about to outgrow it. She had fun but I don't plan to join it. I would rather wait and put her in the 3 year old ballet class. But, since we started the ballet class at the rec center we don't need to do that.
The teacher took each girl to the side to help them do a back arch and an arabesque. Katherine loved the bar and practiced her arabesque as well as using it more as a monkey bar.

After class we ate lunch at El Fenix and then headed to the park. Caroline loved sitting on the blanket and watching the big girls.
I put Caroline on the slide and Katherine wanted to go down with her. Don't worry, I never took my hands off Caroline as she slid down.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Where is the mom and tot ballet class? I would like to check that out.