Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentines Weekend

When daddy came home from work on Friday he had Valentine's flowers for all three of his girls. Katherine and Caroline each received a rose and mommy received her favorite, tulips, planted in soil rather than cut in hopes that they would last longer.




The girls had cute, almost matching, outfits for Valentines. The funny thing is that I did not buy them to match. I bought Caroline's sweater at a consignment sale in September. Then in October I received a box of clothes from my college roommate. They are the same colors and both spell LOVE in a block.
Daddy took all three of his Valentines to one of our favorite mom and pop restaurants in the neighborhood. We usually get take out from there but decided to eat out for the special occasion. Apparently everyone else in the neighborhood had the same thought and we had to wait for 45 minutes to get a table. Luckily both girls did well at dinner.

Saturday I joined some other girls for a scrapbook weekend at a friends lakehouse. I know it is not very romantic but it was the best weekend for us and when you have a wonderful husband, Valentines is just another great day of the year. I took Caroline with me and she did a great job. I actually got a lot of pages done. She and I stayed in a room with a wolf rug. The loved it and thought it was like Hooligan. Katherine and daddy had a fun Valentines day. They started off by going out to eat breakfast. Of course Katherine got pancakes.
Then they went to Lowes and participated in the kids workshop. This week they made a jewelry box with a heart on it.

No comments: