
Finally, the day of the long awaited birthday party arrived. Katherine has been ready and excited for a long time. She hated that it did not start until 11. Since Katherine is obsessed with anything related to princesses, we had a princess party. Well, she has a lot of boy friends so it was a bit challenging to incorporate a princess theme. Over half of the girls dressed up but none of the boys did.
Before the party Katherine posed with her cake. It is in the shape of a castle, iced pink with pink sprinkles and 4 of the princess are standing around the outside. So, she had her pink, sprinkles and princess. I had the castle.
I invited 18 kids. So much for the rule that you are supposed to invite the number of kids that the kid is turning to a party. Katherine has more than 3 friends so how could I do that. Well, I was surprised that of the 18 I invited, only 1 could not come. So, we had 17 friends. But wait...of those friends 6 had siblings between the age of 1-2 and 4 had siblings under the age of 1. So, we had a total of 28 kids and 19 adults. It was a pretty full house.
Luckily it was a beautiful day (in the 70's) so we had kids outside and inside. I borrowed a bounce house from a friend and that was a lifesaver.
Inside there were crafts. I had foam pieces for the girls to use to make necklaces and foam stickers for the boys to use. They all had princess themes to them.
Katherine has been excited about her party and her cake for a few weeks. Finally it was time to eat it. She was pretty cute singing Happy Birthday to herself.
Finally it was time for her to open presents. Having a princess themed party she received a lot of princess books, dress up clothes and accessories. She also received 2 barbies and some Fancy Nancy stuff, a child's cooking set, a DVD and some clothes.
I made felt crowns for the party favors. They were a lot of fun to make and the kids enjoyed them. I am into giving party favors that will last and be used for awhile. These should be fun to play dress up. The girls' crowns were pastel colors and the boys' were primary colors.
Though we had a very full house and it was a bit hectic at times, both Katherine and I had a great time celebrating her birthday with friends.
1 comment:
What a fun birthday & a very pretty princess! Elizabeth & I are looking at the pics and she is very excited that another princess is going to be at GGM's house in a couple weeks! Great castle cake...very talented you are :)
Post a Comment