Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ballerina Princess

Like I have mentioned before, Katherine is obsessed with all things related to Princess' and ballet/dancing. She is turning into quite the girly girl. So, today was a dream for her. She had her first ballet class. It was at a rec center and just perfect for an almost 3 year old. We missed the first 2 weeks of class so I did not know what to expect or wear so Katherine is not in a leotard, tutu or ballet shoes yet.
She had a ball and talked about it all day. I think it will be a great thing for her, especially since she has few girl friends.

Then when we got home there was a special package in the mail. Our friend Beth sent a package with a complete Cinderella dress up costume that her daughter had outgrown. Katherine was so excited when she realized what was in the box. She put it on and did not take it off until time for bed. She actually wanted to sleep in it but I said she had to take it off. The perfect thing was that today she was saying she wanted a blue dress instead of a pink dress. I took her outside for a quick photo shoot because I needed a princess picture for her Birthday invitation. For once I quickly got some great photos from a usually uncooperative preschooler.

5 comments:

Peterson Party said...

I love the look of excitement on her face in the first Cinderella picture!

Laura said...

Those princess pictures are absolutely adorable.

Beth said...

I'm glad she liked it.

There are more where that came from!! I started the box.

Tara said...

I love the close up picture in her princess outfit! She looks adorable!

Rich and Jen said...

She's beaming! So cute!