Friday, October 10, 2008
A "new" fridge
When my parents remodeled their kitchen this year, we received several of their appliances. We have already installed the oven and dishwasher. Tonight we installed the fridge. It was not our first choice of what to do tonight but when we returned from being out of town, it was evident that our old one was no longer working. We thought maybe the power had gone out but after a few hours it was not getting cold.
the hard thing is that we are not sure how long the power had been out. The stuff in the freezer was thawed but still cold, about the temperature of a regular fridge. So, we assumed it was all still safe to eat. The stuff in the fridge we were not as sure about so we decide to throw out milk and meat.
The most frustrating thing that had to be thrown out was 6 bags of milk for Caroline. Breastmilk can be stored in the fridge for 48 hours and since we were not sure how long it had been we went ahead and threw it away. I hate pumping and I forget to pump so this was quite a downer for me.
It took most of the evening to clean everything out of the fridge, move the old one out to the garage and the new one in. Our garage is 8 steps down from our kitchen so we enlisted the help of a neighbor.
We were really glad that we had a second refrigerator in the garage that we were already planning to move into the house. We are sorry though because we were planning to give the old one to a friends niece who lost everything in Hurricane Ike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no! Losing milk STINKS! I only have one 5-oz bag in the freezer and one 3-oz bottle in the fridge (waiting for tonight's contribution to move to the freezer). I want to be at least a day ahead of AJC when he starts daycare in three (**sniff**) weeks. I hate pumping, too.
And I wish he'd keep a paci in!
Post a Comment