Caroline, it is hard to believe that you are already 3 months old. You are such a joy and a very easy baby.

You are getting so big. I am not sure how much you weigh but you are able to wear 3-6 month clothes with no problem.

I am happy to report that you are officially sleeping through the night. I was skeptical to write this a few weeks ago when it started for fear that I would jinx it. Usually you go to bed for the final time between 9 and 10 and I have to wake you up in the morning when it is time for us to go somewhere, usually between 9 and 10 so you sleep for about 12 hours at night. We usually put you down in the office in the pack and play so that if you fuss it will not wake up Katherine. Then when I am ready to go to bed I move you.

Your naps are less predictable. You take naps well but the time and duration varies. That is totally my fault as we are on the go. I know I should try to have a better schedule or routine but it is just not my style.

You are starting to wiggle around a lot more in your sleep as well. You are not rolling over but you are doing the "helicopter" where your whole body seems to rotate around. You are seldom in the same position that I put you down in. You can see in the picture below that all of this wiggling has caused your pants to start falling down.

You wake up happy. Often times I don't even know you are awake because you don't fuss or cry at all. There have been some mornings that you wake up and just lay in bed for 20 minutes before I get you. You are a very content and happy baby. There have been other mornings where I get you up and put you straight in the car to take Katherine to school. You do not even complain that I have not fed you.
You are a really good eater. You nurse on demand so I am not sure how many times a day, probably 6-7. You also take a bottle pretty well though we probably only give you a bottle 1-2 a week. I have zero milk frozen after our fridge broke and it all thawed. You can see here that Katherine also enjoys giving you a bottle though her attention only lasts a little while and mommy has to finish it off.

We have started putting you in the high chair during dinner so you can be a part of the family. You enjoy being on our level. Before long you will be joining us by eating dinner too.

You are getting more expressive. You smile easily and look around taking in the world around you. People always comment on how alert you are. You make very cute noises too.
You hate tummy time. I know this is my fault as I have not been as diligent about making you have tummy time as I should. This is due in part to the fact that we are rarely home and when we are home you are asleep or Katherine is asleep and I do not want you to wake her up.
No comments:
Post a Comment