Well, we all three went to sleep last night a little after 11 after my mom and all of our friends left. At 2:30, Katherine woke up! I tried to nurse her back to sleep but that was useless. I tried having her sleep with us and that did not do much either. Sam went to read to her to try to recreate our bedtime routine but no luck with that either.
So, at 4:30 am, we all decided to get up and start our day. She was perfectly happy and in a good mood. We ate breakfast and showered and were ready for the day by 7 when Katherine went down for a nap.
My strategy is that I will sleep when Katherine sleeps. It will not be the easiest way for me to get over jet lag, but if she is going to be off schedule and awake, I have to be up when she is up. So, the only way that will work is if I am asleep when she is asleep. Unfortunately the nap only lasted 45 minutes because Hooligan started barking at the trash truck.
Katherine was awake and happy all day and I finally put her down for a nap at about 3. My plan was for her (and I) to nap from about 3-5, get up for dinner and then back in bed at 9. This plan would get us back on schedule easily.
Well, the plan failed. We did not set an alarm so we slept from 3:30 until 7. When we woke Katherine up she would not get up. She was grumpy and kept wanting to go back to sleep. After about 30 minutes of trying to get her to wake up, I finally put her back to bed. So, I fully expect for her to be up in the middle of the night again.
If anyone has any suggestions on how to get a toddler to recover from jet lag, send them my way. Otherwise, just pray for us. We are pretty exhausted.
1 comment:
I think it'll just take time. After a few days, she'll be close to normal. Hopefully ya'll are 100% by Thursday!!
Post a Comment