Sunday, November 18, 2007

2 steps back

Well, I thought we were about recovered from jet lag. This morning Katherine was in bed until 7 am. But, her nap today was a little late due to church and lunch. She went down a little after three. Sam and I decided to nap as well thinking we would all be up in 2 hours. Nope, we slept for 5 hours and Katherine slept for 6. Is a 6 hour sleep a really long nap or a really short night? What do you do with a toddler at 10pm who thinks that they are now up for the day? It is now almost 11:30 and Sam and I feel like we have been hit by a freight train and are ready for bed. Katherine is happily playing with her toys. It does not appear that she will be interested in sleep again any time soon. It looks like I need to become a schedule Nazi but I don't even know where to start.

On another note, the weather here has been gorgeous. Our final few weeks in Oslo were quite cold - below freezing for some part of every day. We were fully wearing our winter wardrobe. Today, it was 79 degrees and perfect weather for short sleeves and shorts. For those of you still in Oslo suffering through the cold, that is 26 degrees Celsius - about what the temperature was when we arrived in Oslo in August. Come visit if you are tired of the cold.

No comments: