Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pig Tails

Today we put Katherine's hair in pig tails and it actually stayed in all day long. It was so cute and she thought so too. She kept looking at herself in the mirror. She must have hear me call them both "pig tails" and "pony tails" because I heard her making pig noises and doing the sign for horse. When she took her nap, I found her playing with them in her sleep.

She is our model in the making, look at that pose!

We went to the park for a picnic with our community group. It was so good to see some close friends after three months away. We had a great time letting the kids play, eating and catching up. Other friends were there earlier for a basketball game so we got there early to see even more people. I was able to meet two of the seven babies that were born while we were gone.
Liz asked me that the high and low of our trip was. I had never really thought of it that way. The funny thing is that it was really the same thing. I said that the high was that since we did not know many people or have many activities, we were able to spend a lot more time together as a family. We ate dinner together just about every night, went for walks, played on the playground and spent time together as a family. The flip side of that was the low. We really missed our friends, especially friends from church. Being an extrovert, I especially missed having a lot of friends who shared my interest and beliefs and who knew me well. I was very lucky to have made good friends in Oslo, but it is hard to reach the same level of friendship in only three months. It has been a lot of fun catching up with people.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beth said...

Those pony tails sure are cute!!

Shannon said...

We can't wait to see that cutie in person!

Sundee said...

Welcome home! Happy Thanksgiving to you all early and I hope to see you soon.