There are so many smaller museums in Oslo that I had not been to yet. There is nothing like the 11th hour so I decided to try to see some today. On the way home from Sandvika, we stopped at the Henie Onstead Museum. It is an art collection of a former Olympic skater and her husband. Katherine's favorite was the giant banana on the lawn. I forgot my camera and only had my video camera so sorry for the funny museum pictures.
Then we headed downtown and went to three free museums. First we went to the Stenerson museum where there were two exhibits, one on photography and one called Equatorial Rhythms which was about global music.
Next we went to the History museum where we saw exhibits on the vikings, arctic people, tribal villages in Africa and Asian cultures. It was actually a pretty good museum but I had not heard much about it. Katherine enjoyed the deer.
Last we went to the Art and Design Museum and I saw an exhibit on knitting and the design and fashion of furniture throughout the last few centuries concentrating on Scandinavian design. Some of the furniture was very funky. The first part of the video - the tiger and bear head as well as the off white living room are entirely knitted. The lamps are just a sample of the rest of the museum. This was the part with no security guard so I could video it.
I came home very tired and Katherine was asleep in the stroller. I had to hurry to cook dinner because our friends John, Anne Grethe and Amelie were coming for dinner. John is from Houston and is married to Anne Grethe who is Norwegian. They attend our church. Their daughter is almost 5 months old. Katherine loved having a real baby here for the evening.
1 comment:
I like the pics. Katherine looks cute with the bow in her hair. Did you do that for me?!
Post a Comment