Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zoo

One of my best friends from college and my roommate lives out of state. Her parents live on about 100 miles away though so when she was in town last week we made a day trip to visit. Since we had kids age 1, 3, 6 and 8 we had to find a kid friendly activity for a range of ages. We went to the zoo. It is a smaller zoo as it is a smaller city but it is a really nice zoo. We were also lucky because it was not very crowded at all.
Me and Ashley (with Caroline asleep)
Christy the pack mule with both kids.
Sweet Caroline riding on my back. I love my patapum carrier.
Looking at the fish and the monkeys
Goofing off with the butterfly and ladybug photos. Katherine wanted her picture in each one.

There was a cool clear slide that went through the water. When inside you could see the otters swimming.
It was raining on and off the entire time we were there. I don't know that I heard a single complaint about getting wet though. I love how close we were to the animals in a natural habitat. No sad cement cages here.
Here I am as a pack mule again.

This poor buffalo was in labor. We stood there for a long time waiting to see the baby buffalo's birth. We finally gave up.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, you were a pack mule! ;o) Love the matchy-matchy dresses!