This post was originally written 1/29/09 but for some reason never posted.
Katherine has all of the tech lingo down. She talks about needing to send an email from her computer or leave a voice mail for pops after the beep on his office phone. We finally found my missing cell phone. It went missing in September. I did not realize that the borrowed baby swing had a pocket on the back - the side that was up against the wall. Well, someone put the phone there and did not remember until I found it. Now that someone has a nonworking Razr phone to play with since it has already been replaced.
Isn't it amazing what a different world our kids are growing up in. It really scares me actually. There are so many things that my kids will deal with that I have no clue how to deal with. When I was on the phone with AT&T yesterday they were trying to sell me more after I was done with what I needed. They asked if there were any other people in our household who needed cell phones. I said, "considering they are 6 months and almost 3 years I don't think so". Her reply was, "well it won't be too long". I sure hope so. I am amazed at how early kids are getting cell phones, especially considering how expensive they can be with all of the texting and photo sending. And isn't that scary that kids can take photos and videos with their phone and send them to friends so easily? I have been following the blog of Vicky Courtney for some time. Her passion is parents and technology and keeping young girls pure. She gives me a lot to think about years (hopefully) before I will need it.
Until then, I can laugh and think it is cute that Katherine wants to send an email and Caroline can turn on the TV.
1 comment:
It all goes by so quickly and they grow up so fast...Caitlin has had a cell phone since she was 9 and myspace, but now is on Facebook, oh and always has her IPOD and don't get me started on the texting..sigh...Just the other day she said to me, "Mommy, you are so OLD" which I found VERY funny because there is only ONE other mother of the kids in her grade that is younger than I am and all the other moms are quite a bit older than I am.....times have definitely changed since we were kids.
Post a Comment