Monday, July 20, 2009

Our Little Lady Bug

We had Caroline's Family birthday party on Saturday. Both sets of grandparents were there along with one set of cousins, aunt and uncle. Sadly, Caroline was actually sick with a fever and cough so she was not her usual self. Amazingly though she did very well and still had fun.
She had a stack of presents that was much bigger than she is. We gave her a wagon and the rest of the presents were from the rest of the family.
She got her own baby doll, a personalized book, sand toys for her new sand and water table, a stacking toy, a tea set, 2 balls, farm fridge magnets, a set of musical instruments, a chair and some clothes. I am sure I am leaving some things out as well.

She loved her chair that matches Katherine's chair. She has been trying to sit with Katherine and sometimes that works but sometimes it is too crowded.

I always have fun making my kids birthday cakes. This year I made a lady bug cake. It was actually the easiest cake I have made. I baked a box of mix in a Pampered Chef batter bowl and added a cupcake to the front for the head. Then I just iced it. I thought it really turned out cute.

Caroline was not excited to put on her party hat or be strapped into her high chair. But, when she realized she would get another cupcake she perked up a bit and really got into it.








I sure can't believe my baby girl is already ONE!!!




6 comments:

Regina said...

Cute cake & invite for a cute girl! She's got a creative mommy.
It will be interesting to see the kids together in a couple weeks, I think they will have fun!

Sundee said...

Love the lady bug cake. SOOOOO cute. Looks like she had a great one.

Beth said...

That is a super cute cake!!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!
What a cute cake! Sophia just said "Bamy Assyn will love go to that house." I think I know what Allyson is going to get for her first birthday;)

Jen said...

Ditto the cute cake comments!!! Good job! I like the invite, too.

Tara said...

The cake is very cute!