This month at school Katherine is learning about community helpers. They are having different people come and speak to them about what they do. Today they had a marine come. Here is our conversation.
Me: Katherine, did you have someone special come to your school today?
K: yes, a meeen. (Marine)
What was he wearing?
K: a uform
Me: what color was it?
K: black
Me: Did he wear a hat?
K: No, he had a white hat on the bench. One kid put it on and it fit. Some kids clapped and others laughed that they were clapping.
Me: What else do you remember about the marine?
K: He was big, big, big. (apparently he was 6'8")
Then I asked her what else she did at school and if she sang any songs. Usually she can't remember but today she sang her song about "Red".
Sung to frere jaques/ where is thumbkin
r-e-d red
r-e-d red
I spell red
I spell red
fire trucks are red
stop signs are red too
r-e-d
r-e-d
Me: Katherine, did you have someone special come to your school today?
K: yes, a meeen. (Marine)
What was he wearing?
K: a uform
Me: what color was it?
K: black
Me: Did he wear a hat?
K: No, he had a white hat on the bench. One kid put it on and it fit. Some kids clapped and others laughed that they were clapping.
Me: What else do you remember about the marine?
K: He was big, big, big. (apparently he was 6'8")
Then I asked her what else she did at school and if she sang any songs. Usually she can't remember but today she sang her song about "Red".
Sung to frere jaques/ where is thumbkin
r-e-d red
r-e-d red
I spell red
I spell red
fire trucks are red
stop signs are red too
r-e-d
r-e-d
No comments:
Post a Comment