Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Blogoversary

Today celebrates my 2nd Blogoversary of this blog (see the button on the sidebar?). I actually have been blogging even longer but started at another address. I have really enjoyed having a place to journal about and record what is going on, especially in the lives of our kids. In 2 years I have posted 633 entries so there has been a lot of documenting.
I have already printed out one blog book using blurb.com and plan to someday take the time to do more so that I have a hard copy of these memories.

With all of these memories I would be very upset if I lost my blog like a friend did so there are 3 things I have done to record the information. First, every entry is emailed to me and I archive and save them. Second, I subscribe to my own blog on google reader. Third, I periodically download my blog onto my hard drive via the blurb.com software that is free. Of course I recently crashed my hard drive so I need to do that again soon. I thought I would share this so that you also think of how you can protect your blog.

And, since I hate to post without a photo, I leave you with 2 pictures of the girls. They love to sit together even if it means being squished in Katherine's chair. Most of the time it works just fine but they will soon outgrow this arrangement.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

Happy Blogoversary Christy! I certainly enjoy reading about your family's happenings!

Beth said...

I wish my blog was as good as yours. I can't seem to find the time to get the things I want to post written.