Monday, May 11, 2009

9 month Dr. visit

I took Caroline to Dr. H for her 9 month well visit and forgot to blog about it. As you can see, she was not a fan of getting her weight taken. What girl really is?

She did however love all of the crinkly paper that was on the table. That was a lot of fun!

And then there was that cute baby in the mirror to play with. She was a lot of fun too.

Here are her stats.
Weight 16 lb. 6 oz (20%) though I don't think that was right because they did not take off her full diaper and 2 weeks later she was 16 lb. 1 oz on the same scale and I don't think she actually lost weight.
Height 27.5 in. (50%)
Head 43.4 cm (30%)

Dr. H discovered that my very happy, content baby had another ear infection so that was the 3rd one. I hate that she has them but at least she does not seem too bothered by it.

People comment that she is so much bigger than Katherine was. I thought I would compare to Katherine's 9 month stats.
Height 27.72 in - 50%
Weight 15 lb. 7 oz. - 5%
Head 44.5 cm - 70%

So, Caroline is a little bigger. Considering that at 9 months 2 weeks she was 16 lb 1 oz she really was only about half a pound bigger. I find it funny how such a small amount can be a huge difference in percentage. We are just glad that regardless of their sizes they have both been very healthy.



1 comment:

Kathryn said...

So glad your Dr./NP is not all hyper about the ear infections and sending you for tubes already. That happens a lot!