Wednesday, May 20, 2009

First ballet Recital

Tonight was the big night, Katherine's first ballet recital. Being a rec center ballet class it was more low key than how I remember recitals. For one thing, the classes were almost all preschool. You can imagine the talent on stage! They were all so cute.

Katherine's dance started with each girl flying on stage by themselves.

Katherine pretty much just stood there. She did a little pointing and a little clapping but not a whole lot else. She did however smile very pretty and she did not do anything silly or embarrassing.


The little girls in her class are just precious. Some of us got together today for a play date and it was so much fun. I think that taking ballet and doing the recital was great fun.

Afterwards they all got a trophy. My first thought that it was a piece of clutter for her room. I am sure it will be one of her many treasures.

After the show Daddy gave her some flowers. She posed like she was Miss America.

It was a fun night and I am sure we will do ballet again next year.



No comments: