Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wildflowers

My friend had photos of her kids in wildflowers on her blog. I never was happy with my bluebonnet photos, especially of Caroline so I went after ballet to take photos in the wildflowers. Wouldn't you know, Caroline fell asleep on the way (about 3 minute drive) so I still don't have good wildflower photos of her. But, Katherine enjoyed it.


These last 3 photos were taken by Katherine. She was trying to take a picture of me in all three. The first one does not have me at all, the second a little bit and she did a pretty good job on the third one.



5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oooo, those are pretty! Where are these wildflowers?

Regina said...

I love the flowers and Katherine looks so pretty. I'm trying to talk Bryan into getting a really good camera so I can take some impromptu photos that are good. What camera do you have? I have a friend here that has a Canon Rebel that she really likes.

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Regina, We have a Nikon DSLR. I think ours is a D50 which they don't make anymore but they have replaced it with a D40 I think. We love it. Of the people I know with a DSLR they are split between the Nikon and the Canon. Just go somewhere that has both so you can hold them and play a little to see which feels better in your hand and is more intuitive. They are both great and take great pictures in automatic modes and then when you learn more in manual modes. We have been so glad that we spent the money almost 3 years ago. I often get pictures that are as good as a photographers.

Shannon, I sent you directions to where they are but it is not near you.

Rose said...

So glad you found the flowers. The ballet outfit looks so sweet among all the color!

Jaime and Will said...

Sophia saw Katherine in all those pretty flowers said "Ooh Tinkerbell!"