Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ballerina

This semester Katherine has been taking ballet at the rec center. She is in a 3 year old class. It is just precious. There were 7 girls in her class. Katherine loved it. She does not look like she will be ready to star in the Nutcracker any time soon but she has learned a lot. Mainly it is just fun.

At the last class they received their costumes for the upcoming recital and did their dance for the moms. I thought they were pretty cute and had to hide it away for the week so she would not try to wear it to play dress up.
The dress rehearsal was last night. I was not sure how Katherine would do on the stage. At first she kept coming to the front to say "hi" to me but she learned what she was supposed to do. The dress rehearsal was really a great way for parents to get good video and photos so I took a lot. Katherine was quite interested in her tutu and put it over her shoulders like a shawl. Her teacher took it away.


One thing I love about 3 year old ballerinas is that you can have 6 kids doing 6 different things.



At one point Katherine ended up on the floor. She was dancing on her own at that point.

Our class boycotted the formal class pictures because they scheduled it for Friday afternoon and no one wanted to go up to the center just for some expensive photos. The goal was to get a class photo tonight. One girl had left. Katherine was crying because she had a door shut on her finger.

It was so cute. I can't wait to see the real recital.

No comments: