First I finally finished Katherine's curtains. The ones in her other room were moved to her big girl room. They were full length which was not needed in her new room. Rather than cut them off, I sewed them so that it is a double layered curtain that keeps out more light. I also added a green and white gingham valance to the top.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Crafty Mamma
In all of my spare time before Squeak arrives (HaHa!), I have been busy crafting.
First I finally finished Katherine's curtains. The ones in her other room were moved to her big girl room. They were full length which was not needed in her new room. Rather than cut them off, I sewed them so that it is a double layered curtain that keeps out more light. I also added a green and white gingham valance to the top.
I also made a new bow holder for Katherine. I made one before that was more than full on the day that I finished it. The new one has the letter "K" covered in a fabric that I bought for several projects in her room. Then there are two ribbons hanging that the bows are clipped on to.
I made a new pillow case for her little pillow. This little pillow is actually the pillow that they gave me in the hospital to hold on my tummy when I coughed after my c-section. It is covered in a turquoise, brown and maroon southwestern motif which does not match her room (or any room in our house really). The new pillow case goes much better in her big girl room.
I made myself a new nursing cover to replace the one that I lost in Helsinki. I have made about 15 of these as gifts for friends so I would have hated to not have one of my own in the hospital. I really like the funky fabric.
Lastly, I made a small blanket for Squeak. Katherine has one the same size that was using leftover fabric from the quilt that Grammy made her. I bought some matching "minky" fabric and made a small blanket. I had some of that fabric leftover and so Katherine and I went searching for some coordinating fabric. She picked out the turquoise butterfly print.
I have one more project that I want to do in Katherine's room using the same fabric as her pillows. She has an old desk of mine. It is painted green and has fabric on top that is very dirty. I plan to recover the top with the same fabric and then add some kind of coating to keep it from getting dirty. Of course I would love to get it done before Squeak arrives but it is about the last thing on my "to do" list.
First I finally finished Katherine's curtains. The ones in her other room were moved to her big girl room. They were full length which was not needed in her new room. Rather than cut them off, I sewed them so that it is a double layered curtain that keeps out more light. I also added a green and white gingham valance to the top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't realize you were so crafty!!!!
Post a Comment