Katherine has been doing a great job in her new role as a big sister. She was so excited about Baby Sister arriving. Just tonight she told me again that baby sister came out of mommy's tummy. It is funny, we probably refer to Caroline as "baby sister" most of the time. I wonder when she will lose that label?

Katherine could not wait to come to the hospital to meet baby sister and each day she would ask
Madi or Nana when they were going to see mommy and baby sister. She was so excited to hold her and look at her. She was really gentle.



At home we are working on teaching Katherine how to play with baby sister. Of course she wants her to do everything with her. Their best activity so far has been reading. Katherine has learned to read books to Caroline without hitting Caroline with the book. Reading to her when she is in the swing works well as long as the swing is off. Katherine has been told that she is not to push the buttons on the swing or swing it with her hands or kick it with her feet. It is such a temptation.


At night we read books together as a family before bed. I thought this was so sweet of Katherine to read to baby sister in bed.

When Katherine wakes up the first thing she wants to know is where baby sister is. Usually all four of us end up in our bed to watch Sesame Street. Here they are eye to eye.

Katherine's main job is to give me a wipe when it is time for baby sister to have a diaper change. She takes this job very seriously.
.
We thought it was funny that Caroline and Katherine's new Bitty Baby are about the same size. Which one it the Bitty Baby?
Today Caroline was napping in her crib rather than in the pack and play or
someone's arms. I heard Katherine go into her room and then say "I need my stool". She went into her bathroom and pulled her stool to the side of
Caroline's crib to look at her. It was sweet but we made sure to go over rules for going into
Caroline's room during a nap. We also had to tell her not to try to climb in or throw toys in. That last one was because I was guilty of throwing hard, large toys in on top of my newborn brother when he looked bored.
2 comments:
I have a new favorite picture. It is Katherine and Caroline laying on the bed looking at each other. So incredibly sweet. I dont think I have ever seen pics of Katherine smiling so big. Baby sister makes her really happy!
Ok, the picture of Katherine and Caroline in the bed reading is one of the sweetest pics I have ever seen!
Post a Comment