Tuesday, June 29, 2010
VBS
This was the first year that Katherine was able to attend VBS. We chose to go to the one at the church where she attends school. She was familiar with the facility and knew a lot of kids. She had a lot of fun. They studied the Fruit of the Spirit during the week with a farm theme. The first day they were to wear country western or farm clothing. I forgot to take a picture. On Tuesday and Friday they were to wear their VBS shirt. She has the smallest one (youth small, size 8-10). It swallowed her. With 3 classrooms filled with 4 and 5 year olds I don't know why they did not get some smaller shirts.
Wednesday was crazy hair day. Katherine really got into this and chose to wear her craziest dress with 3 ponytails, each one with a different colored flower, which amazingly matched her dress. The center ponytail had a braid. Of course, Caroline also wanted to participate in crazy hair day. She was quite the site when I dropped her off at the nursery during my Bible study.

Thursday was pajama day. I was surprised that Katherine chose to wear her Nemo nightgown and not her princess or Fancy Nancy one but she was very excited to wear her pajamas to VBS.
It was a very fun week and I hope that seeds were sown for Katherine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment